This year, I'm working hard at trying to get myself to pray for people. Many days I start out thinking, "If I get nothing else done today, I'm going to pray for people." The focus is in response to what I believe God is doing. Number of things have led me to to believe God is pretty determined to get me trusting him for all things. The main obstacle is my trust in self. Prayer is a turning away from trusting myself.
I'm trying to major on people. I start with wife, kids. Family, friends, some neighbors. Guys I'm discipling and people at work.
Trying to pray for them all in one sitting wasn't working. I'm trying now to get myself to pray twice a day, and in little bursts throughout the day.
It's going slow. I fail more than succeed at it. But I think he's happy with what I'm doing.
A verse encouraging me to pray:
Isaiah 62:6,7: "... You who call on the Lord, give yourselves no rest, and give him no rest till he establishes Jerusalem and makes her the praise of the earth."
No comments:
Post a Comment