Sunday, June 23, 2013

6.23

There's a bit of a tension. It's what has kept me from writing in awhile.

In trying to give some exposure to what we are doing in centering our lives in Christ in the life we live in the world, I'm experiencing some tension. Whether intended or not, the tension comes from the feeling that I'm putting my friends on display. Would they understand what I am doing? Many of them would not. And so for the time being, it's likely that they would not enjoy being presented as part of an ongoing example of what this whole centering our lives in Christ ... might look like. With this type of tension, I've always leaned toward safety.

All that to say, my plan is to continue to try to present a picture of what we do, but do so with a "pulled back lens." I've already made an effort to conceal identities, but I'm feeling the need to even more guarded. If it ends up keeping me from doing what I've set out to do, then we'll just pack it in. But hopefully even a "grainy black and white" will present a picture that proves useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment