Thursday, June 13, 2013

6.13

So, we've been talking about starting a little Bible reading group with some of Jacob's friends. First, I have to get Jacob on board; he's risking more than anyone. He is mostly for it. The two friends who would "make or break" this reading group are two boys from around the corner. I'd say they are his best friends. Neither have any exposure to Christianity. We have developed a friendship with both families.

The Dad of one of the boys is a Persian guy, Muslim. He is married to a Jewess from Belarus. Great, fun couple. When we had them over for dinner, they admitted that neither were practicing their religion. If we're going to invite this kid to read the Bible, we need to run it by his parents.

I'm thinking of and praying about getting coffee with this Dad. He's a really humble, funny guy, so hanging out with him is easy. The hard thing will be bringing up the Bible reading thing. I plan to talk to him about how our sons are growing up in a world largely devoid of the fear of God. Then I'm going to tell him about this Bible reading idea. Invite him to join us too. And then we'll see where it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment