Thursday, September 26, 2013

9.25

A couple weeks back, just as I sat down to watch the NFL season opener, I got a text. My neighbor was wondering if I could give him some consult on some work he was doing in his garage. I'm no "do it yourself" expert, but I am a couple steps ahead of my neighbor. The timing was uncanny. Just as I was set to relax, someone asked me for help. So uncanny, that I immediately sensed God's humor.

Within a couple minutes, I was in his garage. I made a few recommendations. Offered an electrician contact. Before leaving, I told him that once the electrical work was done, I'd be happy to help him drywall. I'd had one prior drywall experience, but as I've indicated, it was one more than my neighbor had.

Two weeks later, I've been over to the neighbors on three separate occasions to drywall. It's been a good way to build our relationship further. And serve God as I serve him.

No comments:

Post a Comment